Thursday, April 5, 2012

separation anxiety

Bennett had a very difficult transition this morning.  She did not want me to leave her at school and plainly said she wanted me to be with her all day.

On the way to school she talked about missing Momo. She asked me if I would grow to be as tall as Momo and other Momo related questions.  During the bedtime routine she asked if she or Avy would die first and if she would get tumors.

She is working so hard to integrate so much.  I think she is doing more in her little heart and head than I can imagine.

Tomorrow we will take a day off from school and hang out with Tanta Di.  Its her last day here and we want as much Tanta Di time as we can get - its also her birthday this weekend.

Even though its Diane's birthday she has been so generous this week - helping me, Bennett and Zues (buying dog food and paying for my car to be fixed).  She walked Zues today so I could go to the gym.  I ran 3.5 miles.  Occasionally I like the treadmill so I can see my pace and I enjoy the steam room (very relaxing).  What an amazing family and group of friends I am so lucky.

2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how hard it is for a child to process the loss of a parent. So good that B is asking you questions. They must be so difficult and painful to answer. Just let me know when you are up for being introduced to baby Marcos on one of these Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, you and Bennett are amazing. I'd love to hear how you responded to Bennett's questions.

    ReplyDelete