Tuesday, April 3, 2012

hills are hard

Zues and I went for a run on the old fire road trail on Mnt Tom  - 3 miles.  Beautiful day - the hills still cause me to loose my pace.  They are hard maybe in a year I will be able to run up them.

Diane helped me get a few more things knocked off my paper work mountain this morning (thanks Di).

We took Bennett to the park to meet Sandy and Avy.  Bennett and Avy played, rode bikes, flew a kite and had a lot of fun.  Di took a few great pics.

Bennett was sad at bed time.  She said she missed Momo and was home sick.  I always felt Ruth was my home - from the moment I met her.

She also asked where Momo was.  We talked about the fact that her body was in box in the studio and we needed to put it in the new pots we got.   I think I need to talk to Ruth C about this to figure it out.  Bennett fell asleep easy and snuggled close to me.

Tuesday is always better than Monday.  There is more time to breath.


Here are some girls with secrets and stories to tell.

3 comments:

  1. All of our hearts are in still in the process of breaking - we all miss Ruth so much! Bennett has got the description of the feeling right - missing something so familiar that it aches.

    I'm so glad that Di is there will you to help you navigate through the paperwork. We'll speak soon.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your running is so impressive Pat. You are doing great - with everything.

    So bad that ticks have become part of our lives.

    Ruth is my Warrior and you are my Champion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I always felt Ruth was my home - from the moment I met her."

    --- Pat, this is lovely, bittersweet, deeply heartbreaking and courageous. What I've always been grateful in Ruth, you, and obviously now Bennett, is this amazing blend of poetry and realism. You do not miss the art and the meaning in the small things. Thank you for this, as always.

    ReplyDelete