Monday, April 9, 2012

Puppy?

Monday seems to bring about a lot of crying.  Crying, kicking, screaming and running.  Bennett did not want to be left.  At school or later in the day when I had to go to work.  She ran out of the house chased by Auntie Ruth I could see them and hear Bennett crying as I drove away.

I also cried just thinking about leaving her.  Leaving has become heart wrenching for both of us.

Ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill today - something so satisfying about the treadmill - consistent and controlled.

I want to get a puppy but think this might be crazy.

This is a picture of B and I at the butterfly place in Deerfield - Sally Prasch took this picture.

4 comments:

  1. That is a great photo, you have the most beautiful daughter.

    I hope you know I'm honored for Bennett to show me out loud what a terrible, terrible thing has happened to her. I think it's a good thing she will show it and share it with you or an auntie, rather than weather it quietly inside. I wish you, and any of us really, also had a mom (one as great as you are) and a million aunties to listen to and help absorb some of our terrible grief. Just being near to you and Bennett is a great help to me, in that process.

    I sometimes think of Ruth observing our walks down our paths now, and even though I often stumble and scrape and lie down in the road, I imagine that generally she is pleased with the ways we are all handling everything.

    Here's to you, Pat; to Bennett; and to Ruth.
    Lots of love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so thoughtful, Ruth C., and it rings very true.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful words Ruth. The love and caring between the Aunties, Bennett and you Pat is very special. It has become so important to me to read the honest words of wisdom, first in Ruth's blog and now in your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pat, would a treadmill at home help?

    ReplyDelete