Monday, April 2, 2012

Diane is here

My sister Diane arrived last night around 6 pm - with lots of presents for Bennett and Cheese for me!   Its great to have family here.   We had a bit of catching up to do so did not post yesterday.  Diane took care of my Mom the last year before she died which was very close to the time Ruth was diagnosed.

Bennett went to Auntie Liz and Julies yesterday - Liz, Bennett, myself and the dogs went for a walk in the woods near their house.  I found two ticks on Bennett today- one imbedded in her neck!  Luckily it came out on its own.  I did take her to the doctor to get checked out - it was a deer tick but because it came out within 24 hours there is very little chance of her getting lime disease.  It makes me itch just thinking about it.
this is the offending tick

I went to the gym around 2:20 yesterday got in about 17 minutes running on the treadmill before they kicked me out.  They close early on Sundays - I did manage to run 2 miles.

Today I did not run - I just had to much going on.  Two good felter friends came to visit and do a bit of welding - Linda and Carol - they are so great and supportive.  Then I had to walk a little dog - Pippet - Diane came along -then we picked Bennett up - I took B to the doctor - then I taught at Hampshire.  Diane managed to put Bennett to bed - she utilized her magic ipad ways.

I hope tomorrow will be less busy.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you found those ticks. They sure are ugly little things! Best to Di - hope you can get back to Mt. Tom for your run - the fresh air sure beats the treadmill when you have a choice.
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you had us all to share the tick story with. You gotta have someone to share these stories with. Love you, Jim

    ReplyDelete