Monday, April 30, 2012

Momo's eyes

Tonight was the last Monday night I had to teach this semester - yea!  Bennett was incredibly accepting of me leaving tonight.  She understands most things.   This kind of floors me because she has very little patience and self control and often looks as if she is not listening to a word I am saying.

I went to Snow Farm today to finish the little railing gaurd outside of the drawing studio.  It was a sunny clear cool day perfect for a little work.  It was so good to see old friends - SF really is a family to me.  I got hugs and talked about how Bennett is so amazing - asking questions adults avoid.

This made me remember when I got the urns and talked with B about Momo's cremains (that is the word for ashes I was told).  She asked where were Momo's eyes?  Such an incredible question.

I wonder myself where are her eyes?

I ran 2.75 miles today in a rush at the gym and 3.5 miles yesterday at the reservoir (thats when I get my wings on).  Thank you Aunties for helping so much - I could not do it without you.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, Pat (and Bennett). Those amazing questions that go through your mind when your dealing with losing a precious loved one. I remember worrying about my mother being cold.

    I think about Ruth's hands a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bennett is an amazing, perceptive child. I think of her little white urn and how important it was to involve her in the choices for Ruth's cremains. So glad that you were able to finish the railing at Snow Farm. You have a wonderfully supportive family of friends. We all love you so much!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great seeing you Pat and talking about kid stuff. The strong willed kids are extremely perceptive and life dwells deep inside of them. They watch, they listen, and they understand so much. I think that's why they invest so much energy in their wants, don't wants, happiness, sadness and every feeling and emotion there is. They really get it and maybe sometimes that's hard - to be so young and to feel and think so deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. The railing guard is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was quite amazing that I was walking through the grass at Snow farm on Saturday wondering about how you and Bennett were and how I'd love to see you...then I turned my head and there you were. Magic! When my uncle passed away I took my son Geoff to see him at his wake. Geoff was 6 years old and had been very close to with him. While we were standing over his casket Geoff first said "he's not here" and then he asked me if he could open my uncle's eyes. How children see things and what goes on in there little brains. Hope to see you again soon. Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture. I think about Ruth's hands too - she created so many beautiful and amazing things. I think her best work came after she met you.
    Elizabeth S

    ReplyDelete