Thursday, April 12, 2012

#5

I cannot believe it is mid April.

How does time keep going forward?  The important thing is we are getting closer to June 23rd, which is Bennett's birthday.

She talks about that date nearly every day.  I have told her we may have to have the party on a different date (I am teaching at SF that weekend).  This does not thrill her.  I hope to convince her with the possibility of two parties - a friend party and an auntie party(on her actual b-day which I might have to miss though Karen offered up SF for her party).

Kid's parties have gotten to be such a big deal.  This weekend there will be one at the Children's Museum in Holyoke (one of her classmates).  I don't remember ever having many birthday parties as a kid.  Of course having a birthday at the beginning of February in a snow belt miles from a town made it difficult.  I remember often getting socks for my birthday.  Bennett might be disappointed with socks.

In any case this may be a hard birthday for her without Momo. Di left this picture of Ruth and Bennett on my computer along with some movies (which I have yet to open).

Ruth wanted so badly to see Bennett turn 5.

Ruth always planned the parties - #3 was at the bowling ally what chaos!  There were three year olds running up and down the lanes chasing gutter balls.  The management was not entirely happy with us.  #4 was at the park much more suitable for running though it was difficult finding a spot to put our picnic blankets down that did not have dog poop nearby.

I will try my best to channel Ruth and find a bounce house to rent, some place to put it and invite some small people.  Possibly there will be food and cake.

ps ran 3.5 miles today - moved some stuff to the new studio - weather was dramatic - dark clouds and bright sun.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Pat-- What a sweet pic of Ruth and Bennett Bean. B looks like a baby elf. I am glad there are some movies of Ruth-- maybe someday down the road, Bennett would like to see those.

    You have two months to plan a party-- that is plenty of time! You can do it!! And no, socks won't cut it. Unless they are some kind of magical socks that propel kids off the ground and turn them into fairies. (Look online?)

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you plan will be great because you are her mom and you love her. This first b-day without Ruth will be difficult but not impossible. Trust yourself and you'll be fine. I love the picture with Zues and B. He really looks after her.
    Elizabeth S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious picture of Ruth and Bennett!! We were always pretty nonchalant about days of celebration. Do you remember the year we got Christmas presents in paper bags??
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. April and May are going to fly by and I will be with you and Bennett mid June. Tell Bennett that Tanta Di wants to plan a special on the day Birthday party in the back yard with Zeus, Tumbles, Aunties and anyone else that can come. I am going to bring my Yonana Machine http://www.yonanas.com/
    so that we can make special treats along with cupcakes. I am with you in spirit and will be there for real... real soon. Love Di

    ReplyDelete