Monday, June 11, 2012

Life goes on until it is over

This is it life goes on until its over.                              Grab on while it lasts.  Live, live until you cannot.  

My friend Sandy was unusually uncommunicative and I thought she might be mad at me but she was occupied by the fact that her niece is critically ill with cystic fibrosis and may be dying.  Her niece  is not very old in her twenties - life is not fair. 

A good Friend Gail stopped by to visit us tonight - she is a delight and always in the midst of living(really!).  I am happy to hear her daughters are doing well.  Her husband has had a recent fight with cancer and is struggling with his physical limitations put on him by this disease.  All I can say is go Michael go!- find anything that can be yours and have it.  I want to hunt mushrooms with you in the fall and talk of politics and the natural world and how they should be seperate but are not.

Zues and I ran 3 miles in the woods - sometimes I think this is what I am meant to do all day.  All else falls away when we run!  


3 comments:

  1. Ah Pat, it is wonderful to see your smile. You really light up the whole world. Thanks for the reminder to live each day deliberately and with grace.
    Love you lots,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. "This is it life goes on until its over. Grab on while it lasts.  Live, live until you cannot."

    Thanks for this Pat! I needed to hear it in my own life right now, and I'm happy to hear you trumpeting it in your own. I also love the photo!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing you two and am so pleased that your wondrous sister is here...and that you have such notable celebrations in the works, ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete