Thursday, June 7, 2012

birthday invites

Some days I am just lost.  I cannot find my way - tried to work on the house but just could not get far today.  Projects seem to big and I am unable to stay focussed.

I did get B to school and ran with Zues 2.5 miles.  We started the invites to B's party - its a bit involved having Bennett write everyones names on the envelopes.  She does not want to write the boys names and I am not sure how to direct people to our park.  We call it the Sargeant St park but its on the town map as the Rohan Park (I have never heard anyone call it that).  I will just do the best I can and give my email for more direction.

Whatever happens will be good - we will have a bouncehouse,  a dog cake(made by Bev!), Avy and Aunties!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Pat, The rock at the entrance to the park (that A and B like to climb) has a plaque on it that says Robert Rohan Park. (the only reason I know it is actually named that!) He was a former state rep from Holyoke. I am sure if you just tell people it's the park on Sargeant St. in Holyoke and have them email you for more info, that will be fine. Sorry you are feeling lost today-- some days will be like that for a while, I imagine. But you really do so much on other days-- much more than most people--so don't be too hard on yourself. Remember you are still grieving and you don't have to always be SuperPat! Hang in there--Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pat, I just found the park on Google maps. If your guests have a GPS (or even just Google maps), they can use any of these coordinates:

    42.205204,-72.627798
    298 Sargeant St, Holyoke, MA 01040-2254
    intersection of Chapman Avenue and Sargeant Street, Holyoke MA

    We're lucky to live in this technological age. Too bad there isn't a GPS to get you through the planning process while you're overwhelmed.

    Love you, Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Just print those coordinates on a little strip of paper and insert it in the invitation.

      Delete
  3. It's likely this will be a difficult celebration as it's the first since Ruth passed. Things do get better and easier. It's great to have the wonderful aunties and great friends. You are a loving parent who puts B first and that's all the matters. Make time for yourself and get some rest.
    Love, Eliz S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me start by saying how huge it is to get a child off to school. Huge! Lots of work... and so damn early. Birthday parties...Huge amounts of work. Then you run...Huge! I think the party is all set, you have a bouncy house, a cake, key friends, and aunties. Done.
    You might get some big people from SF crashing that party and bouncing!I'm just saying... Hugs, Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Bennett won't write the boys names. Life would have been so much easier if I hadn't lost the boy yuck factor!

    ReplyDelete