Saturday, June 16, 2012

crazy projects

ipad obsession
I seem to be keeping myself busy lately.  Between jogging with Zeus in the woods, house projects and getting B to school my time disappears.

Sandy picked Bennett up yesterday from school so I could finish up one of my crazy projects.  I have recently had three kind of bizarre ideas that have taken over my brain.  Two are just about done.  First was to take apart the old piano left in the dance studio downstairs and install the harp in the wall.  Second finish a metal gate I had started a while ago.  Third create an armature to hang a cow skeleton from the ceiling.


metal junk gate
None of these things actually make money or get me further along on my construction work.  Most people would just throw this stuff out.  They do get things out of the way and keep me from sitting around and crying.

B and I went to the farm today after school.  We met Sandy and Avy.  Bennett was tired when we arrived and had a small melt down over the fact that Avy picked the same type of treat that she did.  She seemed to recover after sitting in the shade and eating her ice treat.  For the most part B had a great time playing with Avy.

Sandy watched them for a bit while I obssesively picked peas.


5 comments:

  1. I love the gate. I hope we'll see pictures of the harp in the wall. Love, Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things you don't know about people . . . I had no idea you have an entire cow skeleton in your possession. I think creating an armature and suspending it from your ceiling is a great idea. None of those ideas sound bizarre to me. I hope you enjoyed ALL THOSE PEAS!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative, Pat. I, too, love the gate. Do you remember when Mom used to make soup with new potatoes and fresh peas?
    Much love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work as always Pat - and I'm not just talking about the gate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the gate. Can't wait to see the harp and cow. I remember the cow as it was and update showed be great.
    Elizabeth S

    ReplyDelete