Sunday, June 10, 2012

cookouts and playdates

Another busy day - the oncoming summer seems to bring cookouts and playdates.

Aunt Ruth came over for pancakes this morning.  She and B went to the park while I ran 3 miles with Zues and went shopping.  

Bennett and I then went to a party at Amy and Zan's (prelude parents).  There were wonderful kids, parents and food at the party.  I do feel like a bit of an oddity at these gatherings.  At one point the conversation turned to asking me what it was like to be a single parent - luckily Lisa was there (I think she may be the only other single parent at Prelude) and chimed in. 

Bennett did well sticking with her friend Estelle.  She is a sweet and incredibly mature kid -  Lisa her mom (the single parent) is great and very social - hopefully we will see them this summer.  We got home late, had a bath and went to bed.

2 comments:

  1. When it comes to you and single-parenthood, Pat, I'd say it's about incredible bravery and honesty. I so wish you weren't facing it right now, but am so grateful you're facing it as courageously as you are, and with the help of so many.

    Much Love, Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Jim has posted.

    ReplyDelete