Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Big Weekend


We are still recovering.

What a weekend mostly great!  We had a bit of a hard time at the graduation.  Bennett and I both had a difficult time.  I struggled with how to support her and myself.  One of the parents came to me and said we were doing what we needed to do - which was crying and hanging on.  That was wonderful to hear and helped me just continue.

Aunt Ruth and Tanta Di were there steadfast and supportive.  Tanta got a video of the kid next to B hitting her which sent her off.  I cannot blame him since he ended up leaving to go to the er with low blood pressure.  This is just pre-school!

The trip to NYC was great.  Bennett loved seeing the babies and I felt like we did the right thing seeing her with them.  Dori was the co-pilot which was great she was wonderfully social after a glass of wine and was able to keep up with B after the party.  I think we jogged a mile or so after B in Manhattan.

B getting grad certificate
Next day was the big b-day bounce house in the park.  We did it!  Bennett was mostly great - having fun with her friends.  I loved all the people who came - they were wonderful!  Bennett had more presents than she could open in a day.

Aunties and Sisters made it happen- thank you!   

Monday Estelle came to hang out with us - she is such a great kid.  At one point in the day B and Estelle were walking through the house and B was telling the story of when Momo died.  Estelle just listened to B it was incredible to watch.

Dori and I went to the gym  and ran 3.5 miles.  Today I ran with Zeus 3 miles .  We did not do much today -sadly said goodbye to dori and then cleaned.  Tanta Di shopped and we just relaxed.   

6 comments:

  1. Wow Pat, what an exhausting week you must have had! Full of emotional ups and downs, not to mention life milestones.

    We all were hoping so much that Ruth would be here when Bennett turned five. I'm so glad that the aunties were there to support you.

    All my love. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you made it through that busy weekend and you managed to squeeze in your running too. Very impressive Pat. Glad your family and aunties are surrounding you. You and B are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear the report. I think you both earned a few badges this weekend. You both are very courageous. I'm so grateful you have each other and the aunties as you face the milestones of this first year. I hope you both are getting some rest!

    Much love,

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot for any family to do in one weekend!You are doing an awesome job.
    Happy Giving Birthday, Pat! Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was an incredible time; B had her first birthday celebration and graduation without momo's physical presence. Really, little time has past since February and you and B are doing well with lovig support from aunties and friends. Just mark this time for yourself and know that you experienced it with some sadness, and a great deal of grace and love.
    Elizabeth S

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am impressed! So much fun packed into such a short period of time. I hope that you have had some time to decompress. I have enjoyed the pictures and video. Hugs to all.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete