Thursday, August 9, 2012

Summer is waning

Bennett had her kindergarten assessment today - basically she met her teachers and did a few things like write her name.  I am still very happy that we chose the Hill Institute for kindergarten.  Its small and lovely which I believe is good for B.

We also stopped at the Cancer Connection to drop off some of Ruth's yarn.  They are truly great people there.  They took B in and played Lego's with her for an hour - forever patient and present.  They mentioned a bereavement group starting up - I said I was hoping to get into the garden a bereavement group for the whole family but I do miss there amazing support.

Later B and I went to the Canoe Club.  We had an hour of jumping, diving and swimming in the NE summer heat.  A summer thunder and lightning storm made us head for home leaving our dive toys in the pool.

I feel regret that I did not go to the gym while my sister is visiting - instead I cleaned the house.  I am feeling sluggish and need to get back to my goals!  The summer is waning - hopefully we will see Sandy and Avy tomorrow.

Ruth's Mom


B amazed with the bride

3 comments:

  1. Pat, so glad the trip to CA was successful. You will get back into your running routine. You have a lot to juggle and you are doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photos, Pat! Love seeing Ruth's mom.

    As for summer...we all let our promises slide during vacation. You'll be back on track (literally and figuratively) in no time.

    Love to you both.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I really love the one of you and R's mom. Glad you are happy with B's new school. I'll miss the pretty fall season in New England.
    Elizabeth S

    ReplyDelete