Wednesday, August 8, 2012

hope and love live on

What a week- Bennett, myself and Libby made the trek to CA - getting delayed, missing our flight and running about several airports.  Thank goodness Libby was with us - she bravely delt with the customer service people and re-arranged our flights.

We met Maily Grandma - highlight of our trip.  She was interesting and engaging - more than I can say for most people under 70.  Bennett and I were reading a book she gave us tonight and B made up a story about her and grandma on an adventure together.

Bennett had fun with Libby and Carly both girly girls as well as their mother Aunty Jo Jo.  They all danced with Aunt Jana at the wedding.  Bennett was exceptionally good at the wedding - saying a few things during the ceremony.  Mostly she wanted to see the bride and the rings, at one point she said she was bored.  I was concerned but only a few people heard.

libby's nose

Carly's eye
The wedding was really nice (I really don't do weddings).  The bride and groom are both great people very progressive.  Though I was sad at moments it was good to see hope and love live on.

Bennett's pics - I have only run 3 miles this whole week uggh!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat:

    I'm so glad that you guys made in there and back in one piece. We were all really sorry not to be there.

    When you're little the sitting down bits of weddings are boring. Some people never lose that opinion they just outgrow the need to say it aloud!

    With all of our love and hugs.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, you made me laugh!

      Pat, happy to hear you travelled safely!

      Jim

      Delete