Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rain

I miss Bennett.  She is having an overnight with Aunties Liz and Julie and even though I had thoughts earlier today about pealing her off of me and running from the house its very strange not having her here.  The lack of her brings forward my great loss and sadness which is usually held back by focusing on her needs.

It was Liz's birthday party tonight.  Lots of crazy gifts, delicious food and interesting people attended.  I brought a very large mushroom found in the woods today hiking with Zeus.

The day was overall very good - jogged 3 miles at the gym with Bennett in the child watch and hiked with Zues after a big rain storm.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about you, Pat, and your loss and grief. And hoping you have adults around to let it out with often. Knowing how easy it is to repress grief into work and responsibility, I'm sure you're not alone among grieving parents. I know we're far away (wish we weren't) but we're always here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need these moments with adults to let yourself down a little (or a lot). I think or you daily and am a phone call or email away.
    elizabeth s

    ReplyDelete