Monday, July 16, 2012

On Vacation

We are on Vacation with Aunties Liz and Julie!  It is beuatiful here in upper Minnisota.  We are staying on a lake and enjoying swimming, campfires and junk food (at least Bennett is she is currently sharing a pizza with three lovely 20 something kids).

There is limited internet access - just down at the lodge on the dock - which is a great place to hang out.  

Bennett went fishing today and caught her first fish - and about twenty more after that.  She has been having a blast running around with the other kids.

I managed to get up before everyone else two days in a row to jog.  2 miles yesterday and 3 miles today - I have to add that I swam across the lake yesterday.  The lake swim is a Pokela tradition, we actually stopped in the middle and sang some crazy finnish song and I brought back a reed from the other side.

The campfire last night was pretty awsome.  Several of the Pokela's are musical so we had great songs - the kids danced and ate popcorn and smores.

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Pat, Wow-- 20 fish! Way to go, Bennett. Avy wants to know if you ate them or let them go. Glad you guys are having a lot of fun. We miss you already! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your vacation days. You deserve every moment of them.

    Love ya, Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Sunny Akeley Minnesota! Avy, Bennett says that she let the fishes go

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah--Bennett looks sooo happy! Just thrilling to see her happy face and hear your jazzed "voice." Visited Toes a lot over the weekend, and again this morning. She is pissed that everyone left. But doing good. Watered the tomatoes yesterday; we got a little bit of rain last night, but otherwise dry. Theo doing well at SF; I'm remembering how to cook! Thanks so much for the lend of the Sube, it's changed our lives this week. I even got to Canoe Club while Theo was shopping Saturday. Miss you guys like crazy, especially that Bennett.
    xoxoxoxo
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love thinking of you there on the lake~ keep on fishin', Bennett!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're having an amazing time. I'm sure Miss B is loving the craziness of it all. I'm glad that she likes fishing - so do I!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that you are having a good week. Jane and I are enjoying all the food you sent from the farm. I am loving the salt water and am also on limited Internet access which is good for me. Looking forward to sharing adventures when I get back from Angela's wedding. Love Di

    ReplyDelete