Monday, July 2, 2012

movies

I did not run today - just felt too tired.  Yesterday I did run 3 miles - I think I may need new shoes my feet are fatigued.

We went to the movies today and yesterday.  The art theater yesterday was showing The Neverending Story (a blast from the past).   The main character's Mom died and he finds adventure and hope through a fantasy book.  Today we went to Brave a pixar movie- it is a very good kid movie.  The story and the animation were excellent.  The mom and girl have a huge fight and the mom is turned into a bear by a crazy witch (I sometimes feel like a bear).

B has been taking her new doll Zoe everywhere with her.  It was a present from Aunt Ruth and Theo (extremely well thought out).  She even sleeps with Zoe.  Zoe came with a book that we are reading.  Apparently she lives in NYC with her mom- her dad died from cancer.  The book goes into her memories of her dad -its pretty interesting to us.

3 comments:

  1. Remember, you have plenty of bear friends in NYC to visit and you're always welcome.

    I'm interested to hear how these movies and books that deal with the death of a parent work for you and Bennett. You two continute to explore territory that the rest of us can only imagine, and I'm curious about your experiences.

    Love to you both.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bears - hope to see you guys in August - we are busy now but should plan a visit then- maybe one night with you and one with Jessica - love Pat

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful gift from Ruth and Theo. Zoe must truly be a treasure for Bennett - especially knowing that she has felt a loss of someone very close. I am thinking about you all and sending my best thoughts and love. Deb

    ReplyDelete