Wednesday, July 18, 2012

New friends and sparklers

new friend
We are having so much fun at the lake!  Bennett went tubing for the first time.  She reported that she wiped out, but was ok.  Some adult provided sparklers at the campfire last night.  Bennett is making new friends and generally running around until she collapses.

I slept in yesterday but got up today and ran about 3 miles.  I finally experienced what Karen T. said most runners have to do on their runs and got bit by the horseflys in the process (I will not go into detail).  Hope to swim across the lake again today!


playhouse next to our cabin

first sparkler!

5 comments:

  1. What a marvelous vacation! Bennett looks incredibly happy. The tubing is so much fun - and a little bit scary at the same time. Bennett will be talking about this memory for a long time. I can't help but think that Ruth is smiling on northern Minnesota.
    Much love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Deb. Love you guys. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bennett looks like she's having a great summer - she's brown with a big smile on her face. It's the stuff that memories are made of.

    Lots of love, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like you are having fun too which is great. Take this time to enjoy yourself, your surroundings, and all the good stuff that is happening. You deserve this.
    Elizabeth S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you are experiencing the runner "issue". I started wearing brighter clothing to be more visible which means I'm more visible everywhere..........
    So psyched you and B are having fun on vacation. It's great having Brian B. back here for the HS Program. I'm emailing you a pic I think you will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete