Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One month

It has been one month since Ruth passed away. She was my love and life partner.http://warrior-ruth.blogspot.com/

I have pledged to myself to run 1000 miles this year from March 23rd 2012 to March 23rd 2013.  I will try to attach this blog to the livestrong site to accept any donations to cancer research.   My goal is $1000 by the end of this year.

I am doing this for myself mostly as I find myself sliding into depression easily.  Going for a jog helps me to see the world in a more positive way.  It  helps me release grief, be more at peace and maintain my blood sugar.

Today I ran 2.5 miles with my dog Zues on the trails of Mnt. Tom.  I do not want any jogging partners other than my dog he is the best.  He does not mind if I cry, slow down or speed up, or if I am lost in my own thoughts.  If I fall down he will faithfully come back to me and try to poke me with a stick or bite me.  Zeus is just what I need right now.

Thank you everyone who has written kind notes, called or just thought of me and Bennett.

2 comments:

  1. Pat, I found your blog! I am so glad you created it. I am cheering you on--in all ways.
    Lots of love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've now officially begun following your blog, Pat. And, just read the first post. I'm going to try reading from the beginning chronologically, though I may want to just sit for a while with some posts as I go. I may even need a Zeus of my own to bite me or nudge me with a stick.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete