Thursday, August 8, 2013

Love after loss

Ruth said that I would have another girlfriend.  This was hard for me to hear at the time.  Now I understand the grace that she had in giving me her acceptance that I would continue to live without her.

Part of me does not want to have this but part of me is driven to pursue something.   I am in something that is good and difficult.   I want to give myself to it but am scared and also compare it to what I had with Ruth.  This makes it even harder.  I also have B to consider.  She has had my undivided attention this past year but I do want to have a life beyond being a mother.

These are the difficult choices.

3 comments:

  1. Pat, you are such an amazing woman. Ruth's life changed so much for the better when you came into it. And Bennett is so lucky to have you has her thoughtful, wise mom.

    The healthy, wondeful love and strength that you brought to your relationship with Ruth, and to motherhood with Bennett, deserves to be matched by someone who cares for you just as much, and can give it back to you. I'm not surprised Ruth let you know that, and I'm happy she did.

    You have our care and support on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, You ran as much as you needed to. You met your goal which was really about keeping yourself going and present for Bennett. You are an artist, teacher, sister and so much more. I 2nd Jim's thoughts: Ruth was happiest when she met you. You allowed her to be fully herself. Now you need to find your way forward. I believe there is so much waiting for you. I don't live near you but am always thinking of you and here if you need something - no kiddng.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes - that last comment was from me,
    Elizabeth S

    ReplyDelete